PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - avherald: Pilots fired for letting pax take pilot seat
Old 3rd Jul 2013, 14:01
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I forced my FO to say that is against company policy captain and I said it is safe and it is my retirement flight and I heard your advice. He was covered because I took full responsibility for a minor policy deviation. My FO was a neighbor and friend so was not going to let him get involved if a FA had a complaint filed. They were cool so no problem but he was covered because I wouldn't have put him in trouble. All of the FA's liked me because I was married to one and treated them right or I would hear from it from my wife. Trust me!
You sure about that? Obviously, I don't know the SOP's on your airline, but I'm pretty sure that a feeble and obviously scripted objection from the FO wouldn't have been enough for mine. I'm sorry but from an FA's point of view, you put your crew in one hell of a bad position there, retirement flight or not.

I don't like the rules anymore than anyone else does. I believe that a locked flight deck door will do nothing other than deter the odd lone, opportunist lunatic. But why should I face losing my job and possibly facing prosecution because a Captain is on his last flight and fancies having someone up for a jolly? You'd be amazed at what passengers in the first couple of rows pick up on, no matter how discrete you try to be. How do you guarantee they don't report it?

Last edited by jetset lady; 3rd Jul 2013 at 14:11.