PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should edward snowden be allowed to travel to the uk ???
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 16:59
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Q

I think you will find it's just Anthony Blunt.

Perhaps i am being a bit subtle. A successful traitor is known as a hero, patriot, freedom-fighter or whistle-blower. Remember, the victors get to write history. Had the Soviets won the Cold War, the four gentlemen to which you referred would not be known as traitors.

Mr Snowden has passed his sell-by date and the super-powers want rid of him as he's an embarrassment. The best result for everyone is for him to go into exile in a despot South American country and learns what a real oppressive, intrusive government looks like.

In the mean time Snowden would be wise to learn Spanish phrases like "No, I do not want sex in the shower" and "It can't me my turn to pick up the soap again" and "Do you want fries with that".

The last thing Obama wants is Snowden to return, the adulation, show trial and book deal would give Snowden what he seeks. Hopefully, some big smelly cell-mate will give him what he deserves.