PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasonable Career expectations..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 13:06
D check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aim high please....

I agree that this much positivity is rarely shown on PPRuNe and as such I have posted (normally I would not under any circumstances).... I have just achieved my first 'real' interview with Air NZ on their domestic turboprop carriers. I am soon to pass a significant milestone in age terms and like many out there have taken anything I can, mostly charter work overseas and instructing at home whilst balancing a family life and earning a crust.

As my own instructor's/mentors point out to me, your positivity and keen attitude are what will get you noticed and likely employed. I also heartily agree with the 'advantage' your years will provide you, life experience is a great asset. You have more going for you than you may realise and I for one am always very pleased when a senior crew flies me from A to B. The 'grey haired' ones probably have forgotten more about aviation than you will ever know and learning from these individuals is one of the best things you can do should the opportunity arise.

Oh, for the record you are not too old, I know someone who learn't the 737 in his sixties.....successfully....

Apologies for any upsets the post may cause, it is not my wish to offend as I believe we all have something to offer.