PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius little incident
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2003, 12:56
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the record I should point out that our captain has frequently posted on how MK are duffing it and how they are making such a mistake in not hiring him. He has, in my opinion, a chip on his shoulder the size of Le Morne Brabant. But that's only my opinion.

"Finally after 5-10 minutes" the captain told them that he'd shut an engine down and that they were going back to Mauritius. How long do you think it takes to identify that an engine needs to be shut down, complete the necessary drill actions, call the Company, speak to the Chief Hostie sonny? Do you think there's a big switch for the "TV" on the overhead panel? Or maybe that one of the actions in the engine shutdown checklist is to switch off the Airshow?

Please, if the crew involved read this posting and can in any way remember who the loser was who they made the unfortunate decision to allow to sit in the cockpit then get onto some People That Count, advise them of the potential liability that this man would pose as a member of staff and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

And well done for handling the situation, to all accounts, by the book.

Rant Over.

4HP