PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rise! Unemployed pilots in India
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2013, 06:58
vserian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ve flown in India for nearly 14 years and was in a junior management level within the airline, those of the unemployed CPL holders who came to see me I ve had many chances to talk to them and most of them I met know nothing, no basic understanding of the industry and flight theory as well. All that they ve done is shed out 25 lacs, get the license from somewhere in US, AUstralia etc and pass the DGCA exams with 3 to 4 resits, if they really worked hard and study everyday they would have cleared these exams in first try just like how we did in the past, there were very few failures in the past because we knew there weren't many jobs around and only way to get those jobs is to clear the papers as soon as possible. Most of these kids just come and moan about how bad the Industry is and that they couldn't find a job. At one point I got tired of meeting them, I felt sorry but couldnt help myself because I was hearing the same crap all over again. I am Indian as well but I have to point out that most of the unemployed pilots nowadays around doesnt deserve this job, first they got nothing in the head and they are very lazy and have an attitude where they think airlines will run after them to fly their planes...

PS the government should not even bother about, them because the government never told them to be pilots there are way more serious issues in the country for the govt to care about

Last edited by vserian; 30th Jun 2013 at 07:01.