PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women in Aviation???
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2003, 10:46
skychaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foyl, I am fully aware that amongst the much smaller population of female pilots there are some dills just as our Chantelle in the CD was and we all are aware that there are male pilots who are dills also. All professions have good and bad exponents, whether male or female but that is not my the concern I have with this CD.
To show a female who is a bad pilot against a male who is a good pilot in a widely distributed training or information CD put out by the Regulator is just not on. Whether CASA likes it or not it doesn't just write a whole lot of rules and regs and then try and administer them it also sets attitutudes. If it didn't want to set attitudes then CASA wouldn't release CDs, Videos, DVDs or books on any subject. CASA wants to set attitudes to safety, obeying the rules and regs, good training etc etc. In the CD I am talking about it sets an attitude to female pilots by pitting a female pilot who is bad against the marvellous Mike who can do no wrong. As I said 2 male pilots would have made the situation benign but having MIke and Chantelle is just plain discriminatory, retrogressive and thoughtless. The men who put this CD together and obviously thought that using Mike and Chantelle in those particular roles was very amusing need to have a close look at themselves. They're the type that are probably still telling jokes about black people and thinking they're funny.