PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius little incident
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2003, 03:13
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Mauritius little incident

I was on the flight from Mauritius to Perth on the 24th of february.
I don't know if you guys heard the story or not but there it is:
Everything started fine, we had to wait 30 mins because they didn't have two jeppesen for australia then add to wait another 30 mins because they was a thunderstorm. so we finally took off about 1h30 behind. but we will say that's not a big drama.
I had the chance to be in the cockpit for the flight. As we pass i think about 10000ft i went back to my seat as i was walking back all my friends asked me what was going on with the a/c i said nothing everything is fine. they said no the a/c is turning n going back to mauritius. there was a bit of panic cause no one understand what was going on. me too. The captain finally after 5-10 mins told us that he had to switch one engine off and that we are heading back. Why didn't he say so before or simply turn off the tv. so he dump 40 t of fuel n there we were going back to mauritius. at the airport mk told us that at 6 pm (3hrs later) that we will know what going on. At 6pm they said that we were leaving at 8pm at 8pm they told us we will leave at 10pm at 10pm they told us that we will leave at 11.30pm finally at 12pm they said that we are not going at all and that they will send us to an hotel. We arrive at the hotel at 2am and had to leave the next morning at 9am. Very nice company very well organised . the second flight was finally the good one.