PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rise! Unemployed pilots in India
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 03:42
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i can interpret b/w your last two post is that :
Whatever you interpretations. I posted here only because i took exception to the "reasonable number of people getting hired" and "things gone better i last 4 years" kind of arguments posted by gambol.

Surplus started in 2007 end itself
So how have things gone better in last 4 years? I estimated a figure of 600 FOs for airlines in last 4 years.

There is no way to verify the details of the recruitments that you have written about but lets say i believe you. Now please do something for me.

Take a calculator, add the number of people you think were hired during all recruitments in the last 4 years only(after May 2009.) Then subtract the number of unemployed "pilots with 1000+ hours 320/ATR" that you think are there in the market. Let me know if the figure is significantly(>100) higher than 600. Thanks.

Then get the percentage of people employed using the number of CPLs issued after May 2009. Let me know if you think the percentage of employment is "reasonable." Thanks.

Once again, things have NOT gone better in the last 4 years. They have gone worse! That is all i am saying.

Cessna 208B Job with riders , want one ?
Please try not to advertisements these kind of things. There are people who would actually jump at these kind of offers. How many PMs did you get after posting that?

Oh, i missed something. Quoting gambol below:

people are getting hired and new hordes with fresh cpl are getting into the queue making the number intact at 6000.
Sorry to say but that is a lie. You mean to say that about 240 people were hired as FOs in the first 5 months of this year? Please enlighten me, which airlines have hired these people? The only recruitment that has been completed in 2013 till date was the Jet 737 type rated one. In my knowledge, about 15 were selected. Anybody who knows about any other recruitment is welcome to add to that number.

The number of 6000 is swelling everyday and is going to keep swelling. Why do people feel the need to lie? And to the extent that 15 becomes 240!! Once again, i am not going to assume who gambol works for.