PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any rumours on FRIs?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 15:09
ralphmalph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nowherespecial,

You make some valid points and I am slightly on the same side of the fence as you.

However, the problem now is the ever changing T&C's enforced upon servicemen and women...who have no choice but to accept.

There is an increasingly disgruntled tranche of people who joined in the late 90's and early 2000's who have shouldered the brunt of the last ten years of expeditionary war. They also have been dealt blows through the pension changes.

These people do the maths and realise that this is not a job for life.......some people on this thread never got close to harms way in 22yrs....when you do....it puts things into perspective. If you have a family, doubly so.

So when the figures look bad, and more people leave means you cover other jobs...because there is a recruiting freeze....you work more...and have more time away.

IMHO years ago we decided to get the job done...........we did it.....even though the work required was immense....it was only to get the Op finished/started etc.

Now, its the norm.....lack of people, lack of money, lack of time.....live that for any length of time and you will look for a way out, I know i did!

I suggest a disclosure of PVR rates, current manning and experience levels will tell its own story.