PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any rumours on FRIs?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 13:56
nowherespecial

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Casbo,

Maths was never my strong point but your post indicates that you haven't even done a tour yet but are complaining about when you can get out and become a civvie.Why are you already all over how to leave?! Why did you join?!

You also seem to be complaining that at some point you will be forced to do a second tour or, perish the thought, a ground tour.

At any point in the cycle you can get off and go and do something else once you have fulfilled your RoS. Once you PVR, why would they keep paying you the retention pay? It hasn't worked if you PVR has it?! Please bear in mind that if you do lose your flying pay, what you have in effect done is move back to the salary your non-flying peers you went through IOT now earn.

Your attitude seems to be that the, (I'm guessing here) Air Force (apologies if another service) owes you the ability to train you for a role in civilian life. The service does not owe you anything of the sort. Being uncurrent when applying for jobs with a military background is largely irrelevant for a lot civvie firms anyway because unless you have a civvy license they won't look too closely at you anyway (barring the obvious ex-mil schemes).

And please also remember that the military, like virtually every organisation on the planet, is a pyramid. Loads at the bottom, one at the top. You leaving will never cause the wailing and gnashing of teeth you think it does. It makes manning's job easier not having to find senior pilots a job.

While I appreciate that the timing issues the military give you are awkward on time bars etc, you are in control and once the RoS issue is out of the way, the world is your oyster.