PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any rumours on FRIs?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 10:09
nowherespecial

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't sit by and let this go without comment.

PT is absolutely right. if you don't like it, leave.

I did my time (10 years) as a mil RW pilot. When I didn't like what was in front of me anymore I left. If you are living and spending your entire pay packet to the point that you can't afford to lose your incentive pay by 50%, I suggest you stay in as you won't be suited to civilian life where reality hits you hard.

People who say 'I'm in a pension trap' - would someone detail exactly what 'trap' this is? It's a joke right. You get a pension when you finish work as long as you did 3 years post IOT. It just depends how much.

What you actually mean is 'I have a heavily subsidised lifestyle and get to fly (insert type here) for a living and I think I'm worth a load of extra money' - reality check - you aren't. There's always a load of young people come in, very excited about flying the (insert type here)... Manning look at numbers on a spreadsheet. Individuals count for nothing, never have, never will. It's time people understand that.

And by way of financial stress, Chris Griffin, I just took a £20k pay cut to join a RW company and have a job I like. And I just had a baby so wife isn't working for a year.

People should grow a pair.