PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian CPL Renewal - might not be too simple to answer
Old 25th Jun 2013, 16:27
SIERRA29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hey guys this post has been most helpful in getting the details for CPL renewal,but i wanted to clarify a bit on this. My CPL expires July 2014 ( im just preparing for the worst ) i have a C-152 and Pa-34 on it. Now as per what was mentioned above

3. Renewal – The licence may be renewed on receipt of satisfactory evidence of the applicant.

(a) having undergone a medical examination in accordance with para 1(c) above

(b) having satisfactorily completed not less than ten hours of flight time as Pilot-in-Command(Fifty percent of flight time as Co-Pilot may be counted towards the requirement of flight time as Pilot-in-Command) within a period of six months immediately preceding the date of application for renewal, or in lieu thereof, having satisfactorily completed the general flying test by day and night as laid down in clause (h) of paragraph 1 within the same period; and

(c) having a current Flight Radio Telephone Operator’s Licence for operation of radio telephone apparatus on board an aircraft, issued by the Director-General.
Now the process has been very well explained by cyrilroy21 i understand that its either 10 Hrs PIC or the GFT Day and Night as laid down in clause (h) of paragraph 1 ,

Now if you go thru clause (h) it mentions:

(h) Skill— He shall have demonstrated his
competency to perform the procedures and
manoeuvres prescribed in the syllabus to the satisfact
ion of an examiner, on the type of aeroplane
to which the application for licence relates, with
in a period of six months immediately preceding
the date of application. The competency shall be demonstrated in —

(i) general flying test by day;
(ii) general flying test by night;
(iii) a cross-country flight test by day consisting of a flight of not less than two hundred
fifty nautical miles in the course of which at least one full stop landing at an
aerodrome other than the aerodrome of departure shall be made; and
(iv) a cross-country flying test by night consisting of a flight of not less than one hundred
twenty nautical miles returning to the place of departure without landing elsewhere.
Which is basically :
GFT DAY-1 Hr
GFT Night-1 Hr
250 NM day -6 Hrs (approx)
100 NM Night-2 hrs (approx)
Total -10 Hrs

Now
No.1 -Did i interpret that correctly or am i wrong ?? and do i just need to do a GFT Day & Night chk

No.2- Since i would want to Renew both single and Multi Engine on my CPl do i need to do the above on C-152 and PA-34 ??? or is just doing it on the C-152 enough .( coz doing every thing is gonna cost a bomb i guess i rather get Type rated )

So if any one could shed some light on this part of it, i would really appreciate it ,and if any of you have recently by any chance renewed your CPL please help a brother out ...THANKS