PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B748i or A380 order?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2013, 05:06
Yonosoy Marinero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX need a vla and will lose out as the competition fly their flagships into HKG, another missed opportunity because our execs are so narrow minded that they can only see 50 of their own big picture.
Agreed.

The post above strengthens the case for the -8i. Sim already in place, crew already qualified, port surveys already carried out, eng trained just a few hours required to update the ca with new IFE etc.
Probably, given CX's implication in the -8 already. The other + for the -8 is the extra cargo volume available downstairs compared to the A380. Though there is slightly less opportunity for revenue upstairs. The -8 is also a lighter aircraft.
Then again, depending on the fleet size, the economy of scale could switch things either way.

As someone said above, I couldn't give a damn if I was told to fly an twotter on floats, as long as the COS stands. But we do all have an interest in the future of that airline, and the lack of foresight and tunnel vision syndrome for spreadsheets and cost cutting measures may only lead, in my view, to missed business and growth opportunities.

They is a delicate balance between putting the cow on a diet and trying to extend the grazing field.

Last edited by Yonosoy Marinero; 24th Jun 2013 at 05:07.