PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 11:17
Sionnach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Citylink bus

The new citylink bus will take very few pax away from GLA, it may actually take more away from PIK!

EDI has the problem that Glasgow's wealthy tend in the majority live on the west of the city where GLA is much more convenient i.e. Milngavie, Bearsden, Helensburgh, Giffnock & Newton Mearns. GLA problem was the Kingston bridge which in part has been solved! The problem for both EDI & GLA is the M8/A8.

I've read this forum as someone who live's in GLA and works at EDI & I'm disgusted by the petty my airport is better than yours arguments!

EDI has developed a mix of Full Service Euro KL/AF/LH, LCC in U2/LS and ULCC in FR plus the United & freight so the airport is profitable.
GLA has developed smaller Full Service Euro with only really KL, but has developed it's North American & ME routes with US/UA/VS/Air Transat plus of course EK. It also has LCC in U2/LS and of course charter with TCX/TOM. It doesn't do much with freight but has it BAMG & RR. So it's profitable. Do we really want them to destroy each other. Is it so hard for people from EDI to go to GLA to fly to DXB or from GLA to go to EDI to fly to FRA.

So whoever gets Eithad or Air China well done support the route, as I'm example the airports support the economy in both cities.