PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CDG Airport Security refused Gate Access without Seeing Return Ticket
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 09:39
Rail Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG Airport Security refused Gate Access without Seeing Return Ticket

Interested in views on this one please.

Just back from the USA.

I was forced to transit via CDG on the outward journey to JFK. On arrival at the Gate for the onward flight to JFK, the airport security guard would not let me pass until I produced a copy of the return portion of the ticket on the dubious grounds that it was their responsibility to ensure I had a return ticket before travelling.

I asked her on what grounds she was refusing me access to the aircraft bearing in mind I had a valid boarding pass I had an ESTA registration, it is the airline's responsibility to ensure passengers are correctly documented, and the decision on entry to the USA is within the gift of the CBP at JFK and not a security guard at CDG, whose responsibility is to look after security not decide on immigration issues !

I also asked her how she did not know I was actually making a one-way journey, which of course would mean I could never comply with her request !

None of this actually cut any ice and we reached a standoff, which was only resolved by my going to the Delta desk agent and they printing off a copy of the e-ticket to show this woman. The desk agent (French) could not give me any reason for the request, only giving me the typical French shrugged shoulders and "what can I do ?" answer.

I would be interested in views as in 30 years of travelling I have never encountered such a request from airport security.