PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B748i or A380 order?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 07:58
gipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon People

WHO GIVES A S*&T.........We've got Bigger Problems.

Both machines make less money than the 777 and the A350XWB. For any of the A380 fans out there, the only reason Emirates has them is because they NEED them, we are in passenger numbers for now and the future nothing compared to these Middle Eastern Carriers, NOTHING. FUEL IS NOTHING to them. As for the Eu carriers.....REALLY....You think THEY built it and they won't use it???It's a European pride thing. Even if it does not make business sense they would still do it, I mean look at the Concorde.....Moneymaker??????

As the 747-8i. Well...........The total order numbers says it all.Boeing might as well just shut the production down for the -8i

As for the guys that believe in Cargo. If you're ever in a Big cargo station like DXB,PVC or even FRA, just take the time and ask any of the handlers how much the Middle Eastern Carriers charge per kilo. You will understand that with half our rates there is no way we can compete against these people therefore buying a machine just to carry MORE freight makes no sense whatsoever. The middle Eastern Carriers have 99 problems but fuel ain't one.

I hate to say it to our fellow aviators but unfortunately the beancounters have it right and NO we haven't missed out on any boat. Unfortunately people want cheap tickets(that's why we need them beancounters), it boils down to that, and only the ME carriers can provide that with unnecessary equipment and equipment of luxury, so WE need to make money by saving. I'm sure someone else will splash on everything I've just said but at the end you'll see, it's ALL ABOUT THE $$$.

And I don't give a S!&T what we fly as long as they pay the salaries and all allowances. A fleet of Cessna 172's I say.

Peace Out.