PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you encourage your child to join the military?
Old 28th Feb 2003, 22:59
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some great answers here but a lot depends on your slant.

I think until you have been taken from your primary role, what ever that might be, to guard the gate when it's pi@@ing down or over Xmas etc, or have to do another pointless Orderly airmen or many of the other pi@@ duties that most airmen do in there time, which most of the posters here have never ever done!! it's a bit rich to pontificate on the short comings of others.

I am a loadie with almost 30 years under my belt. Half of that was as a techie and now,for ME as I can't do any better, I have the best job in the mob.

But unless my lad or lass could achieve "a window seat" I would sonner they became binmen or plumbers,not TG1 I hasten to add than join her majesties "not so finest".

I have had, and still do, some great times but there is a whole plethora of things we lack from leadership to equipment and for the short space of time my young ones are here I think they can do much better elsewhere and would advise them accordingly.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Last edited by Always_broken_in_wilts; 1st Mar 2003 at 07:04.