PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2013, 18:22
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR

Re the statistics a few posts back from Jamesair. They are very positive except for the LHR service that had one rotation cancelled nearly every day in May.

Unfortunatley the LHR service will experience more cancellations later this year some weeks in Nov, Dec, Jan,and March I believe. Mainly one rotation per day but with "2 daily rotations" being cut for a period of 3 wks in March. Customers are being notified now of the situation. They can re book, have a refund or accept the changes in most cases which involves an earlier flight from NCL resulting in an extra 2hrs or so on to the connection times at LHR.

So its likely that this will result in a negative effect on passenger numbers and could cancel out much of any growth.

I dont believe its due to a lack of passengers as I understand average LF is in the high eighties and yields are good, however I have heard its because of a shortage of aircraft???? anyone know why.

Quite worrying trend is this not NCLs busiest route. The first flight from LHR of the day and the 09.20ish from NCL to LHR are amongst those cancelled on some periods. Surely these are busy flights and important for connections. Not good if the first flight arrives from LHR at about 11 am.

Last edited by fl dutchman; 21st Jun 2013 at 19:05. Reason: Spelling