PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CitiExpress Lose Pilots!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 20:12
Atropos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
I really sympathise with what you are going through it can't be much fun at the moment. I have to ask a few questions though. Has anyone actually established where this T/P rubbish came from? I can't believe any sane person would construct as ludicrous an argument as that one. Many of us started on T/P's as has been previously said.

As for mainline not letting you in, your union reps attended a meeting of the BACC sometime last year which they were invited to, I understand, as a courtesy prior to the possibility of them becoming involved in the negotiations at some stage. What happened, half way through the meeting they got up and started making proposals to BA and the BACC as to what they thought should happen. All they succeeded doing was pissing off everybody and effectively scuppering any chances of them becoming involved in the scope negotiations. They heard positioning statements from both sides which will always be extreme by the nature of negotiations. They reacted and effectively threw the baby out with the bath water. I believe that is where a lot of this rubbish has come from.

In an ideal world BACX would join the BA Master Seniority List. I hope you do. We have got to get over what happened, it was a huge mistake. It will take a long time to make up the ground and create another opportunity for this to happen. Lets hope there some experienced negotiators around for you to call on when necessary. Just for the record the letter you got from your reps at the time trumpeted the fact that they had rejected an unfair and one sided scope agreement. There was no agreement, nothing was offered so there was nothing for them to reject, so what the hell were they talking about?