PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain orders 100 unruly school children off plane
Old 19th Jun 2013, 12:24
Espada III

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Funnily enough, when Jet2 started flying MAN- TLV, they had male only cabin crew. Behaviour has deteriorated since female crew started.

Make of it what you will. I cannot (and will not) apologise for the poor behaviour of some of my co-religionists as I too find it to be unacceptable and would have also applauded has they been removed from that plane if I was sitting on it.

In fact I go out of my way to try to show cabin crew (and anyone else I deal with) that Jews can be courteous and considerate. The problem is that the ultra orthodox are so visible by their dress code that my regular clothing and modest skullcap are invisible in the inevitable scrum on boarding the plane.

As I said, it may be poor upbringing etc, but it is a cultural thing which will take generations to alter and will inevitably increase antisemitism amongst those people for whom this has been their only experience of meeting Jewish people.