PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 17th Jun 2013, 11:35
Stallion85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, It's only a Forum, but Sir Niall , for one, has stated that he's one of the hirers and firers you should be making an effort to impress.....you never know when you'll face him across an interview table!
You are right. And maybe he will remember that this guy applying for the job could be the one who was sloppy in his spelling on the forum last week / month / year.... This might cost me the job then.

On the other hand... I might be wrong but I doubt a CP is looking in forums to check out prospective employees. Maybe if I would tell him my name here... But if he does... just read on!

ALL you" English as a first language" bods could take a leaf out of our foreign members' books. They may get the sentence structure wrong, odd syntax, and very occasionally , wrong spelling,- but usually they get the message right and it's coherent.
Sorry, but actually it is not my first language.
And sorry again for being sloppy but I was in a rush. (I know it`s a lame excuse)

However, if you know your spelling is not 100% you should use the spellcheck. And if your "limitations of the English language" are deeper than this, get some help with it. (Thats what I do, but not for a posting on a forum)