PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 08:44
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slim20

Re your post of 27 Feb – “The answer is we need HIGHER balpa membership in eJ to win this thing”

I agree, but you also need to dump your present PC and vote one in that will more fully represent the aspirations of the membership. I gather that the present lot may have “negotiated” to satisfy the requirements of a rather narrower section of the membership than would normally be deemed healthy (ie their own).

As RAT 5 points out, “At least the guys (DBA pilots) seem to have a principle and stand by it, and take the risks”, unlike, I’m afraid, you guys and gals.

However, with a new PC and a well crafted set of principles, you’ll be ready for the next and inevitable battle with your CEO. And once you’ve achieved these, you’ll be in a good position to aggressively market them to non-members, increase the membership and achieve some real results.

Please, though, whatever you all do, don’t blame BALPA. Remember, the membership is BALPA – you just seem to have been shafted by a duff PC, which, also remember, you all voted for, in the first place.

Hang in there and good luck!