PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2013, 19:29
latituded610

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A different view

Do forgive me, but after reading some of the more negative commentary relating to the impending SAS service, please allow me to put another point of view.
Its clear that if SAS follow the program at Newcastle, there will be a range of prices for a range of customers. It is certainly not a niche service for business pax only, but its also clear that its focussing on Scandinavia as a whole. The only onward intercontinental service Copenhagen could offer at the arrival time shown is Bangkok.

I understand that they have timed this service not to conflict with the KLM connectivity. SAS believe that there is substantial Scandinavian traffic available for both operators. I also know, personally, that SAS have been in contact with a number of travel agents to explore cruise opportunities and we will see a focus on tourism from both ends. I've been watching the airport twitter feed and responses today from tourists is pretty positive.

Lets be clear, it won't dramatically effect KLM, but it may push them to wake up a little and adjust their pricing methodology which had become premium in my view.

Let's also take note of the fact that charter looks great for pax numbers, but scheduled pays the wages..buys the fuel, pays on time etc, etc...

With SARH due in just over a year, helicopter traffic increasing etc, lets be positive rather than taking, it seems, a negative view from some of the contributors.

Two flag carriers ........! I bet Doncaster turned green...!