PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single European Sky
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2013, 06:27
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Main problem with SES and idea to change anything in better direction is idea itself.

what is better solution?

Who will make it ?

and finally who will implements alll those solutions?

It is very under question, are FABs better solution or not ? I haven't seen papers so far, showing that.

if anyone has reliable paper showing that excatly to share with us here ,I will appreciate

Who will make it ?

Most of the people engaged now in these stories ( i said most of ,not all ) are miles aways from operational postings. We have introduced radars and screens since they chage operational room for "perpesctive" administartion position. They have serious problem with vison and startegic ideas ( because they aren't up to date ) and all these stories about FABs usually covers their good salaries and other benefits, on cost of us-operational workers ,and they could earn milions of euros for doing nothing, after ten years of doing nothing they retire to Spain. So it is easier to send them to Spain, now.

People capable of doing this has no interests in such thing, because it will ultimately reduced their T & C .

And who wants to work more for less ?

here is the answer to last question-implementation. It will not be implemented,because of the personal reasons.

I have witnessed at least two such big Ideas.
CEATS and FAB CE.

I couldn't agree more with Michael O Leary regarding -CEATS

FAB CE- started with idea to change CEATS "mulfunctions" now it is obvious that they have the same idea as CEATS (one center,and so on... )
and it will finish like CEATS ,if something radical is not changed.

Yes ,it is cheaper to have one center, but who will work there?
Only people from that town/state or all citizens will have equaly employment rights?
On paper ,everyone will be equal ( any similarity with Orvel is pure coincidence ) but in reality ,someone will have to go from his lovely adriatic sea town to live and work in Viena. And it might be good for that person, but for local community and country as well, it si not good.
He/she will pay taxes at Viena ,not in their city, and even worse thing, most of spending will occur in Viena, not in any other town.

And that is point, our legacy and our property ( airspace over our teritories ) but we have little or nothing earnings.

Politicians will never sign something like this.

Also ,who will be decision maker, who will buy equipment, and everything else connected with decision making proces.

That are real questions, not shall we make more efficient system.
if we want efficient system than everyone concerned must be satisfied,otherwise it won't work,effectivelly.
As in any other bussienss.

IATA or anyone else ,who wants to lower costs.need people whounderstand other side, but for tehm it is very complcated to recruit people capable of doing this, because they aren't able (and don't wish ) to pay adequate sums.
It is very hard, to offer competetive package for well positioned and trainned atco or atc manager ,currently working for most of Europan ANSPs.
It is not only salary, but other benefits and the most important issue-job stability as well.. That is something that IATA ( bussiness oriented) will never be able to do.

from my point of view , it seems that is cheaper to have currently "inefficient" system than to improve it .

And that is what industry ,really needs. cheap and safe,if possible. but cheap.