PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink's future.
Thread: Qlink's future.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 01:36
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice windup there. CASA will never let you have heavy jets on a AOC with a bunch of checkers with no jet experience, and no Boeing experience.

If that was to happen you would have import a bunch of check captains with heavy Boeing experience and a whole bunch of DE captains with Heavy Boeing jet experience.

Yes it could happen but none of the current crew will be flying it thats for sure.

787s will be on the mainline AOC, or Jetstar and they will then be advertising for DE Boeing experienced guys.
Hi Neville_nobody,

My source, who also happens to be a very senior C&T Captain with heavy turboprop experience (he has substantial Tu-95 time) has told me that at least one of the fellows on said course does actually have Boeing heavy widebody experience.

Not only that but he also has Airbus heavy widebody and ultra long haul experience with a very large overseas middle east carrier and has only just recently returned to Australia for the lifestyle (after failing to get an interview with Tiger).

So you could say that this guy is a Senior management heavy turboprop (with glass cockpit and near jet like speeds) Check and Training Captain with ultra long haul heavy Boeing and Airbus widebody experience.

I think that such a gentleman would more than meet the requirements of CASA for such a proposed operation and one can only wonder what he would be doing on a Dreamliner tech course.

Interesting times, watch this space!

Just my two cents worth