PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 00:44
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeaTowel

So you're 23 fresh out of school? What gives you the right to moan about how things used to be, probably before you had a licence?

News flash mate, just by you not joining Ryanair or SSTR you are changing sod all. You alone will not change anything, if RPG are struggling, you have no hope.

FR/SSTR/P2F are not creating jobs.

THey are replacing them.
Slightly confused how to Ryanair aren't creating jobs? Ok they aren't technically employed with Ryanair, but it's still somebody's job to sit in the right seat.

SSTR is not creating jobs? That doesn't even make sense. How does SSTR replace a job? Anyway, It's always been SSTR, just in the past you would have the money deducted from your wage, now you pay up front.

There are other ways to start paying off debt that don't include destroying current and your own future jobs prospects.
You could just tell that to those ex-Ryanair pilots who enjoy life at Thomson, Monarch, Virgin, BA and all the desert airlines.

<Insert your whinge about 'how it used to be' despite the fact you never experienced 'how it used to be'>

I see where the FR blame comes from. But then this is the same as every other industry. My friend, an A&E surgeon saving peoples lives the second they're wheeled off the ambulance, who trained for a lot longer than a pilot does, earns around £28k a year despite being a surgeon for 5 years.

Of course, most of the Ryanair guys will want to leave and go elsewhere, somewhere better perhaps. But when somebody in this thread said when FR pilots want to leave every other airline will be the same.....well then that's said airline's pilots fault! Not FR pilots. Just because FR pilots accepted poor T&Cs at their airline, doesn't mean BA, Virgin etc pilots have to accept it themselves. So your theory, and Journey Man's, is wrong. I'm not saying T&Cs will not get worse or better at other places, but FR pilots cannot take blame for crap happening at BA (for example). BA pilots have their own voices (and union!).

I would like to see anyone who's ever done this be boycotted by the rest of their pilot peers.
This here is the only reason I replied to this thread. This and "scabs". I've seen a lot of your posts. 95% of them are slagging off people with money, very negative and condescending. I agree, it's a shame you need so much money to learn to fly. But so what if somebody worked very hard over their life to earn lots of money to give their child the career they wanted. To be a pilot, perhaps?

Quite an immature attitude for you to have. The same immaturity you were condeming in this post?

But I do hope you keep your bitterness towards SSTR because for as long as you have this chip on your shoulder, I'll never have to share a flight deck with you.