PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malindo Pilots Contract
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2013, 15:07
koji188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the company was serious about it, they wouldn't do the P2F, they would invest in the pilots.
The deal offered is inhumane and i really do hope people throw it back in their face.
I can obviously see that you are not from Asia. Right now its hard to find an airline that offers "Investments" of pilots like how it was back in the day. For now the only airlines that offer that is AirAsia and MAS. But as far as i know MAS isn't even recruiting anymore, they're even letting some of them go. While Airasia has 3 intakes a year. Even with that, they only need 8 to 12 at a time while in Malaysia we have over 1500 unemployed CPL holders. So you can see where P2F scheme comes into play. Malindo has been introduced to this via their parent company, Lion Air. In Indonesia most of the airlines practice this method. At financial times like this, if they can save money and cadets are willing to pay for it, why not?

From where you're from yes it may seem inhumane, but for the people here that's life. If they could get offered jobs overseas they would, but the truth is no foreign company will want to go through all that trouble with all the paper work just to get you into the country to allow you to work as a lowly second officer that has to start from scratch.

if you do end up working for them, be prepared to fly ac's with many dmi's and also check out the planks in the cockpit, they are all leased
Im working for another company. Just so you know, the a/c that Malindo has are all brand new 738 and 739ER and so what if its leased? Doesn't mean maintenance wouldn't be up to standard. Only time will tell.