PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Metals MOU for Cat A
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 21:36
Propstop

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
It is sad that skilled people are being thrown on the scrap heap by QF, and many are starting to realise that airline skills are generally not transferrable to GA.
I did my time at TAA and was one of the best apprenticeships around and taught me skills I have had to use in my career.
Moving from airlines into GA is truly another apprenticeship and a lot of SOE time to get the types and groups, but more importantly the mindset adjustment as you have to do a lot of lateral thinking and be very mindful of costs.
There are many employers in Australia and around the world who will not employ ex airline LAMES. Some of the places I have worked have in the past tried them and found them too inflexible and or impractical. I am not talking about companies run by Dodgy Bros Inc but respected aviation suppliers operating under EASA 145 and regular audits by major oil companies.
Make a case for the practical skills you possess and take a practical but totally legal attitude with hard work and you will prosper in GA and in some cases earn good money.
It was the best thing I have done was to leave the airlines and go into GA