PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 18:04
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps someone could share how it works under the SQ airline umbrella:

- If you are a current Silkair pilot and you want to transfer to Scoot (or you are bumped), would you need to fund part of your type rating?

- More generally, are current Silkair, SQ and SQC pilots able to bid around to the other carriers within the group? Can a current SQC pilot apply/bid to Scoot or even mainline SQ? Are Silkair pilots granted slots at SQ, SQC and Scoot?

- Does anyone know how the salary/benefits at Scoot compare to those at Silkair and SQC? I have heard Scoot pilots are paid on local terms and I assume those at mainline SQ are paid the highest.

- Where does SQ mainline expect to source all of the pilots required to fly their 50+ A350s and 30 787-10Xs currently on order? Is the current expectation that the pilot pipeline starts at the internal flight school and then the pilot progress up through Silkair before mainline SQ?

- Like Scoot, do mainline SQ ever higher experienced pilots from other airlines for junior FO positions (i.e., non expat captains - perhaps those from regional airlines like AirAsia, Lionair, Jetstar Asia, etc.)?

Cheers for any insight! PMs also welcome.