PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 6th Jun 2013, 12:46
DirtDiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the chances

To start off, I read a lot of threads/topics here and at Airwork (NL) about pilot jobs.

Why do I choose this part of the forum and not the wannabee part?
I am looking for the experienced and experts of the Helicopter world (and this is the place to be).
Another reason is that according to a source in the EASA the fixed wing market is decreasing but the rotary market is increasing and wannebee forum is mostly fixed.
For example in Italia the amount of helicopters doubled in 2 years’ time.

Is this increase visible in jobs? Maybe but as far as I can see they all want the golden egg -> young, most hours, most type ratings and willing to work for free

The best people who know what the market is doing are the people working in that market, than I end up with you, the experts

My question is not if I should become a helicopter pilot, but I am wondering what is my personal chance to get hired as a fulltime rotary pilot? (took me a while to think if I should or shouldn’t ask it)

Most of you experienced the virus of wanting to be a pilot from when you were young, at least I have.

My background:
Education: Bachelor Aviation studies Engineering, which includes Maintenance, Performance, Navigation, Fleet planning, Rules etc.
Internship: CHC Helicopters Netherlans, Working as an engineer designing and writing Repairs and Modifications.
Graduation thesis: National Aerospace Laboratory of the Netherlands, Designing and creating a realistic Helicopter to building operation for in the Simulator (Specific wind model), got publication on my name, model is approved to be realistic by HEMS pilots for that specific building.
Current job: System Install Engineer with a semiconductor company, Install there machines worldwide, machines are High Tech System +70 million dollars a pieces, +50% of the time at customer side, mostly Asia, got enough experience with different cultures and WOWorking/WOLiving.
Able to live outside Holland: YES
Flying experience(in the cockpit): Small aircraft -> Cessna, Ultra-light, Diamond (no licenses).
Simulator experience: Multi role helicopter simulator, Apache simulator, F16 simulator, B778 simulator.

The question is, what are my chances of being hires as a fulltime helicopter pilot?