PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 16:26
flyride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't want to sound blunt flyride but the first thing I noticed about Captain Sully is that he was an F-4 Phantom Captain in the USAF and that he enrolled in the USAF academy at the age of 18 so he's probably not the best example of someone who has done 250 hours in a PA-28 before moving on to the rhs of an a320.
Is he then the perfect example of someone who's done an MPL Scheme? Or the perfect opposite?

I am a FI and I fly a 60+ tons jet few times a week, I am concerned about that all "the faster the better". I believe we need time and practice to "master" that art of flying. I believe we also need time to be mature enough to slowly understand the responsibilities that we will be taking when sitting in the RHS/LHS of an airbus full of pax. I think those FFS are great tools, but it's still not the same than flying for yourself, than dealing with the consequences of your decisions in a real flying environment.

But guys, I don't want to fight with you, if in your opinion that guy seem trustworthy enough to embrace MPL as it is, then go for it. Give him your money, and he'll make you the best pilot you can be.