PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dassault Falcon 200
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 14:06
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Museum pieces now but as described F50 thru and thru. My advice is to buy one of those if you want a small Falcon. The F20 might work if range more than 1000nm isn't an issue.

If the owners don't have an MSP type plan on the engines they either have more money than God or need certifying.

There are no spare engines outside the plan and they are probably out on other frames.

The hourly MSP cost for both engines is horrendous. Memory fading but last i saw was USD$1850. Support outside the continental US will be a downtime problem.
Usual superb Falcon airframe and outstanding low level fuel economy as it was the commercial take on an aircraft (Guardian) developed for a USCG contract.

My advice would be ride it for as long as it lasts but be ready to bail when it turns to do do as it inevitably will unless the owners have very very deep pockets.

The usual motivation for purchase of said type is the cheap purchase price and that the owners will almost pay you to take it away.

You get exactly what you pay for, when it breaks donate it to the local kindergarten as a playground. Not one of M'sieu Dassaults best commercial efforts although the Guardian has done sterling service and USCG has deepish pockets.

best of luck