PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 13:50
flyride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No matter what one thinks of the MPL I thought he did a good job of explaining the concept and the rationale behind it.
Did you? So you can probably explain what is a competency base training?!?! And in what aspects is it new? Yes he's been able to reply longs answers to short questions, but he's clever enough to stay very vague. Are you naïve enough to think that MPL reinvent the training process, the way we learn skills and acquire competency?

Another point, Lee asked him why would the airline go for the MPL, he asked, "is it cheaper, is it faster?" and the senile man replied, "it's neither, it's just better". What a joke, in both cases the Trainee pays for his training, in both cases the training all the way up to the type rating doesn't cost a penny to the airline.

The airline industry started as a dream, a real passion. It is now nothing else than a money industry, and you won't be surprise to learn that Dieter Harms got a company called HARMS AVIATION TRAINING making money by selling MPL around the world.. What a surprise.

He makes me think of one of those guru using his life experience, opportunities to make a profit out of it.

The best part was when he said that MPL will train guy for the unforeseen, like landing an Airbus in the Huston river, and that training on a small cessna, or anything lighter than 20 tons is useless. But when you take a look at the career of Chesley Sullenberger ( the capt of the Flight that ended up in the Huston), what do you notice? Oh among all, he is a glider maniac... What a surprise!

I am not saying that training can't be improved, and that MPL is crap. I am just saying that Mr Dieter Harms is an imposter.