PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK...The Less Than Good Things
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2013, 07:59
Swan Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiz when I said the Factoring is the most illegal thing in the Industry I meant it. When the company imposed this illegal concept it was a total F.U to us and to the rules that they think constrains them. "We will do what we want to do and no one can stop us or tell us what to do."
What part of 900 hours do they not like? How many EK pilots are over 900 hours this year and how many are over 1000 hours? Too many.
How many airlines have the Factoring concept? None that I can think of. Yes I know in the US the FAA says you can fly 1000 hours a year. However with the other rules that the FAA institutes I don't know too many pilots that are even close to the Red Line limit of 1000 hours. That is what the limit is, a Red Line. You don't run your car at the Red Line for 3 years do you? Why do airlines run the pilots at the limit?
Hopefully we will be done with this illegal concept within the year if CASA has anything to do with it. Isn't is funny that a foreign authority has to dictate to the GCAA what to do to remain legal? The joys of living in the Middle East.