PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - atpl licence conversion problems
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2003, 07:43
TurboOtter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

I did my ATPL subjects.

Talk about a lot of work, first find time to complete Nathan's course, then find money to pay for the course and live whilst doing the course (and money for the nights at the bar!!!)

Then sit the tests, pass all seven or go through it all again.
Let me say it is not easy or cheap to get an ATPL.

I have been there done that and know how easy it is to get an ATR everywhere else in the world, yet when you take your aussie licence over there they just laugh at you and say you have to the works..
So why should it be easy for state side ATR holders to get aussie ATPL's???
Because us aussie are most realistic than most others, not to mention freindly and willing to empty your bar and steal your women!!!!
Anyone tried to convert to a JAR licence, well get ready for twenty times more sh*t than the aussie licence.

Can somebody answer this question.
one ICAO licence in your hand, what does being ICAO mean??? nothing that's what, you take it any where in the world and you have to everything again, doesn't make sense.
Although take your aussie license, take your aussie superjet or whatever and they welcome you with open arms..
Flying is the same everywhere in the world. ground hurts and the guys on the radio think their in charge

Anyway just my two cents worth, sure know that it wont change anything!!