PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde to Retire?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2003, 23:31
broadreach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I expect there will continue to be plenty of people out there willing to fork over £2 grand more than first class return transatlantic for the financial exclusivity of flying Concorde, the combination of diminishing yields and prestige must be wearing somewhat thin.

Consider, what importance do the 99.9% (or whatever the percentage really is) of BA's customers attach to the fact that BA also operate Concordes? Does that mental association really influence their ticket decisions? Do they really think BA's operating Concorde makes their own flight better/safer/more exclusive etc? What do they really think of the people who DO pay nearly twenty times as much just to save a few hours of transatlantic flight time. Having thought, does that make them buy BA again, or not?

Don't shoot me; I'm just asking questions of myself. But put national pride and aversion to beancounters aside for a moment. There comes a stage when you do have to step back and try to see what the world is thinking and where you fit into it all. On that basis and considering the rumours posted herein, I'd bet on termination this year.

Back 31/12/03
broadreach