PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air Runup - In Reality
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 08:58
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way before you could have Raisbeck installed by the factory, Beech sold the B200 with four bladed props (McCauleys and not Hartzells like the Raisbeck props) and AF installed/required.

it wasn't "cool " or "real men feather there own props". So initially the system was slow to be accepted to the flying population.
I think thats bollocks. Equipping an airplane often is a balance between budget and requirements. Most KingAirs donīt have the fire extingiushers installed, they were at least optional. Why? Cost. I canīt believe anyone would think of fexs as "uncool".
Certainly nobody who had the "fun" of spurios fire warnings that the old system created fairly often. (I had my fair share of them)
I have flown 3 bladed 200s/B200 and 4 bladed ones. The difference of behaviour when OEI is dramatic.

And the cost of re-equipping with AF is high, I remember a case were the B200 was bought in from the US with 3 blade props and couldn`t get certified in Germany and had to be re-equipped with AF and the Raisbeck props.
I canīt remember the exact numbers, but it was quite some bucks on top of the Raisbecks...

Last edited by His dudeness; 22nd Jul 2013 at 07:32.