PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK...The Good Things
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 11:22
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an open forum and I do have the right to post what I think. I ask again, has it suddenly got so bad in Dubai or is this thread just full of people who naively moved to a desert in an Islamic country only to find its not like Sussex?
Or Bradford for that matter..oh wait a minute..

Tonker, people are not naive enough to think we live, or at least should be living in the Sussex of the Middle East, far from it in fact. There IS however that small % as there is everywhere who have so little common sense between their ears on a day to day basis that they fail to get the way things work, make of that what you will.
The main reason you are getting stomped on, and quite rightly so, is that you don't live here, you are unable to speak from a position other than as an outsider, so based on those facts you are lacking any shred of credibility.
For me personally this place and job is a pretty good gig, yes there are challenges most of which are self inflicted, but there is also a steady stream of what I would term nefarious communication and regulation that is presented to expats with little or no warning, that can and does have serious ramifications to our day to day existence...the recent mortgage rules being 1 obvious example.
Put all of this together into a bundle and you will find that even the most ardent cheerleader will find their enthusiasm waning at times.
Most of us manage our frustration through the medium of moaning and trips to the pool or golf club...but it's 46C outside right now, so that rules out the golf.