PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 07:49
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skippy I agree re fares..... there is usually a premium if you want to fly from an airport on your doorstep than connect via a major hub.

However all I am saying is that Charlie Cornish the MAG CEO was very bullish about the promotion of DIRECT Manchester flights rather than pax connecting via LHR in his press release Nov 1st 2012.

I'll reference his quote yet again.

"We think it's bonkers that people use Heathrow and then fly connect onwards, when they could do so from Manchester and in doing so, support jobs and the North West's economy."

The point I am desperately trying to get across (and seemingly failing) is the fact that it seems somewhat perverse that the airport marketing people are promoting flights VIA LONDON using tweeter, when the CEO himself has expressly suggested that he wants pax in the NWest to fly on OUR own services in those instances where a direct flight exists.

LAX yes I agree there has been PR about Aegean but stick it on ALL media platforms including tweeter ! That is after all what marketing is all about !
It's three lines and it costs nothing, they have 60,000 followers !

There are plenty of new or expanding routes which you summarised which are simply not being referenced on this media outlet.

OK, if its a conscious decision to use "other forms of digital media" or "traditional PR" to market new routes/change of equipment/expansion of frequency, then fine.....

But do not then use tweeter to market one set of flights without mentioning all the others and certainly not those that promote using London over our own direct services on AA or UA.

Last edited by Bagso; 28th May 2013 at 07:50.