PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If Scotland Declares UDI..........
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 18:24
brickhistory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, it's a holiday here, Memorial Day, a day to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation as well as the unofficial kick-off for summer.

Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, it's raining, drab, and generally not nice outside so here I am reading pprune.

Because I had the time and against my better judgement, I read this thread from the beginning.

And I'm confused.

I can understand why some would want independence - historical enmity and the rest. Others think they are getting a raw deal regarding political representation. Others seem merely want to stick it to 'the man.'

Others think the idea isn't all that sound - fracturing a shared economy while assuming the full price of independent national infrastructure, etc.

But I do not understand this desire for devolution on one hand and the hell for leather surrendering of sovereignty, in my mind anyway, to an even bigger and far more instrusive/unfair artificial political construct of the EU.

Not my place to tell others what they should or should not do/believe, but I don't understand the desire to take independence in the 'micro,' while surrendering it in the 'macro.'

?Que?