PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro american school of aviation suspended
Old 27th May 2013, 14:26
Shoelace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA to EASA bureaucracy

Whatever is going on with Euro American School of Aviation, you can be sure that it has much to do with the JAA to EASA transition. Everyone anticipated that there would be problems whilst the authority got itself sorted...and this is just one of them: actioning additional bureaucracy. I think it is a disgrace that a long established provider might become the victim of poor untimely management...if this is the case.
An earlier post on this thread mentions that EASA should have been shut down long ago?? On what grounds do you base such a damaging statement?
I know of at least two training providers in the UK that have recently shut down over night and took everyones money. One of those providers closed it's doors overnight and opened another office at the same aerodrome under a new name loosing all money held in account by students. Don't forget that this school has been running for over 22years through thick and thin and never made such a filthy move.
I trained there and passed PPL, and had a great experience...going on to fly in the UK with as much or as little skill as any uk trained private pilot. Aircraft were in great condition, training was very good(I had an ex-embry pilot)...and I was able to leave with my PPL in 7 weeks...not forgetting the financial saving.
Patience is needed across the board whilst this new bureaucracy is put in to place.