PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job scene for A320 rated F/O's
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 01:58
lk978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lot's of people out there have been waiting for this day. To find out what the hell are you going to do with a MPL. 70 hours? should of just justed out another 80 and got a real license if it was your choice...

This is in no way meant to take anything away from your acheivement of becoming a pilot. I am just very curious to find out how an MPL fits in with a CPL and a ATPL.

- A MPL sounds great at the begining 12 months and you'll be flying a big jet.

- 2 years later you will be looking for greener pastures. I have always been curious to know whether another operator would take on someone else's MPL pilot.

- What does a MPL pilot do when the airline goes belly up, Can't go to a regional, can't fly a baron, can't instruct. Can operate a radio though!

- I honestly do belive you can train someone to fly a big jet with bare minimum hours (they did it in the war, not jets but big fast planes with guns and stuff) but I would prefer your first f&ck up (Because everyone does it) is in a C172 with a load of rubber dog sh!t in it instead of 160 punters and more specifically me on board.

- What will the progression be like for a MPL (FO for life?)