PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job scene for A320 rated F/O's
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 11:15
Javadreaming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that sums it up - MPL. I really have no knowledge of the licence so no comment on the pros vs cons.

At the current time there is little movement in Aussie. Many of my friends are currently living in Aussie working for the likes of Tiger, Jetstar and Virgin. Tiger has a new majority shareholder - Virgin. There is talk of Tiger getting more A320s in the very near future, however my crystal ball is broken so I would be guessing on when.

Jetstar could be a good option, but I hear that they are only taking on guys at a trickle and I last heard that they were employing guys out of Darwin on a Flexi contract. Essentially part-time with a 60 hour a month minimum.

Virgin - Well there have been many, many guys sitting in a hold pool waiting for a start date (have passed the interview) for over a year now. No idea on when they will start recruiting again.

If you have your Aussie ATPL then look at some of the smaller jet operators. Skywest has an A320, although I believe that it is a seniority based airline and most guys have to start on the F50. Alliance Airlines operates F100s and take guys on fairly regularly. With your jet time you should be able to find something. My advise is to look a positions in Perth. There is a lot of flying going on there.

Salaries vary but between 90k and 110k is a rough estimate for a first officer, but you will have to take 35% off these figures for tax. Oh and living in Perth is crazy expensive - but fun. The main problem is that you will pay $10 for a pint of beer.

Good luck