PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job scene for A320 rated F/O's
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 09:28
J.L.Seagull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPL

Hi Java... and all others out there too who are wondering if this really is a windup and how someone got a CPL in 100hrs...

Actually, I didn't! I got it in 70!!! LOL... but no.. it's not a CPL, but that new-fangled "MPL" license for monkey-pilots such as myself! he he...

Seriously though...

1.) The MPL ground school is identical to the ATPL, and so the upgrade was just a PPC. No exams involved..
2.) The MPL flight training was just a total of 70hrs, of which 20 were solo hrs, so actual PIC hrs during the training was just 20. The rest of the ATPL requirement was met via the ICUS clause, flying as F/O on A320.

So, after the 70hrs on C-172, my next airplane was A320.

Now, please don't open a new can of worms on this thread (quality of MPL vs CPL pilots) or start berating us new 'electronic' pilots as the current thread raging on the TechLog forum "Children of the Magenta".

Fact is... there are a lot of us MPL holders coming thru the system, some of us good, and some not so good, like any humans from any professional field.

My question about seeking a job is ANZ was related more towards my personal needs for migrating to Australia. There's no point in my looking for a better life in a new country if I can't find a job to feed my family.

Ben and Oktas, you're both right about the co-pilot time, so to summarize, my initial claim of 1500hrs A320 time with a total of 1600hrs (Approx) was indeed correct.)