PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS diversion accompanied by Typhoon
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:30
ShotOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not saying they did everything right, Canadian, but your "asleep" comment is revealing of your attitude and also highlights that the airline and crew invariably carry the can regardless of who or what was at fault.

Perhaps you would explain how your "at least fifteen inputs" totted up in this instance since, on the face of it, there was no factor other than a loss of contact. Surely the fact that they had flown past London on planned route without deviation ought to have counted as fairly strong evidence of an innocent explanation?

Clearly you have taken this personally and feel you are being accused of pushing the button "for the hell of it". I assure you this isn't the case but I feel strongly that the decision making protocol needs examination and discussion, particularly since ours is copied elsewhere. How would you feel as a passenger on an Azerbajan airliner intercepted by, say, a Zimbabwean fighter pilot on a dark bumpy night? This presumption of hostility is likely to have lethal consequences somewhere before too long.

Last edited by ShotOne; 23rd May 2013 at 16:21. Reason: More info