PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lydd fuelling refusal without decal
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2013, 09:58
custardpsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lydd fuelling refusal without decal

Saw this on the Lydd website whilst planning a fuel stop.

*** NOTICE ****
Please be advised that as of Saturday 1st September 2012 all aircraft will require an appropriate Fuel Grade Decal clearly displayed adjacent to the aircraft refuelling point. If the aircraft does not display the appropriate Decal our Ground Operations Team will be unable to carry out your refuel request.
This policy is being introduced by Senior Management to further reduce any possibility of aircraft "misfuelling" with the obvious potential consequences.
If you require Fuel Grade Decals, they will be available for purchase from our Customer Services Desk @ £1.80 each .

Anyone had experience of this? Is there something about Lydd refuellers that makes this necessary or is this middle (sorry, Senior) management at its worst? or was there an incident and this is the knee jerk reaction ?

This attitude was enough to make me reconsider my options and re route. I wonder what other rules like this exist there. In their risk assessment I wonder if they considered the scenario of someone being so hacked off with this bit of pettyness that they decide to depart without refueling and cut it fine on reaching their next stop, or the consequences of irritated pilots.

Has anyone ever been "mis-fuelled" anywhere and if so was there a decal ?