PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New EASA licence holder / Cutting up EASA PPL?
Old 21st May 2013, 21:23
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I see here is a very English reluctance to change....... Stubborn and pointless characteristic.
To be blunt, what I see is some that are prepared to put up with this complete nonsense, and haven't got the gumption to say it is nonsense.

I would make a point of avoiding coming to you if I knew that is what you would insist on.

Yes it pointless, but it is equally pointless to refuse to sign someones paperwork when it may well be clear and apparent they have a valid licence and cut it up because they weren't aware of a technicality buried in an obscure document which it is doubtful has any legal validity. While we are on that point and discussing barrack room lawyers I am still looking forward to the learned gentlemen actually point us in the direction of the law - and I mean legislation that is enforceable, is on the statute, and clearly states that if you divide up your licence it is invalid. As I said before were it me I would want a letter from the CAA stating the course of action I should follow if an applicant's licence had been divided.

- and please don't take my remarks personally, you are of course entitled to conduct yourself as you wish, as I am to equally strongly disagree with your approach.

Anyway bored with the thread now. Its all good fun windups included, but I guess there is a slightly serious side to the thread in that it reveals the sort of nonsense that is being foisted on us and the more we are becoming a collective herd of sheep blindly jumping into the fire because someone says it is a good idea.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 21st May 2013 at 21:25.