PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2013, 19:12
Mr Mac

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts
Suzeman
Comment on service level is based on crew to passenger ratio in that class which favours 777 v 380. 380 is a good plane but it is a personal choice. Have flown Lufthansa and Singapore 380 with no real issues, my early comments were based on service level from crew, and that the bar on EK 380 can get a little loud some times. My choice of eve Man flights is due to my own schedule / preference. I agree totally with all comments re old "Lazy boy" seats on EK older 777, BUT have not had one of these for a while so I am basing comment on "New" 777 re 380. Also I have been doing this for a lot of my working life, and some of the A/C, and seats, do not seem bad in comparison with those flights I have taken in the past. However even older a/c seemed to have better seats. If you are ever at Imperial War Museum Duxford, go and look at economy seats in EX BA VC10 and compare with current BA offering. I know they did not have ICE / Kriss but the actual seat size, and legroom to allow sleep / comfort, is what matters.There, are believe me, only so many films you want to see, and that plane does seem to crawl across the map on the in flight up date map - more so when coming home !! .

Last edited by Mr Mac; 21st May 2013 at 16:59. Reason: Bad grammer