PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair moves goalpost for Buzz. Surprise!!
Old 24th Feb 2003, 11:23
buzz boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longhaul:

I seem to remember your comments when the whole KLMuk split whas first talked about some time ago.

The reason this is all KLMs fault is because of gross mis management and because of the damndright sefishness and inflexibility of the VNV and KLM mainline pilots.

The employees of KLMuk were made promises of investment and careers in BUZZ which was obviously a blatant LIE. This kind of sale and pull out doesnt happen overnight, it was only three months after the split of the workforce. Most KLCuk pilots had bid to transfer to BUZZ after the VNV and KLM mainline pilots stole any carreer prospects from them. As has been said many times before we have people with up to 30 years service in AirUK/KLMuk, the blue side of the operation provided 26% of KLMs longhaul passengers keeping you and your fellow mainliners in jobs, what were they offered? IF they were below the age of 46 and passed a file check they could go to the bottom of the mainline seniority list, and after a short time DEMOTED to a position that was in line with their new seniority!! No wonder 80% of KLCuk pilots bid to transfer to buzz and out of 230 odd KLC uk pilots only 21 took the mainline option.

The pilots that were already in BUZZ had to make their decision whether to transfer to KLC uk by 1st November last year, given the promises of investment and careers in BUZZ nearly all decided to stay. Dont you think this is some kind of constructive dismissal?

The only thing that does make me smile is the egg on the face of the VNV!! They had promised F100 commands to their pilots as they almost guaranteed that most KLCuk pilots would be moving to BUZZ, now those KLCuk pilots will not be going so none of our commands for you!!

Can i ask what kind of support you and your fellow mainline pilots will be offering to your fellow KLM employees at BUZZ? I suspect nothing....... however dont ever assume this will not happen to you!! The BA merger talks havent gone away then just maybe you will be forced to come down off your mantle and think about your career and where you will fit in the combined airline, you and the VNV have set the ground rules... you may find you have to live by them.

Longhaul and all KLM mainline pilots..... its not to late to help here, the BUZZ pilots are a loyal and good bunch who need support, perhaps now is the time for you to show your solidarity with them and force KLM to employ them within the KLM groupAS PILOTS.