PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2003, 08:36
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The result - disappointing but predictable.

I have said previously all that I am going say on this matter. Nothing has changed.

It was NO from me before the vote, it was NO from me when I voted and it is NO from me now.

A golden opportunity for progress on the issue of pay and conditions has been squandered. Remember my comments in a years' time, five years' time and rue the day that management were given a mandate to dictate our future.

As for me. Well I'm like management - I don't compromise. NO means NO. I am looking elsewhere - there are other lives for me out there.

It was never just a question of pay for me - it was lifestyle first and lifestyle last. No amount of pay and promises will buy back the time lost with my friends and family.

For the first time I am not looking forward to going to work - the prospect of another month of roster changes and disruption, tiredness and compromise no longer holds any interest for me - hope of any real change has been lost. Minimum effort from me and if anyone DARE rush me or tell me to hurry up and finish my meal because there is a schedule to keep I will tell them to ...............

Gets off his orange box, kicks it to one side. Orange is no longer a colour in my life.